Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 3







Today was our first real day of teaching and serving at the orphanage. It was fun to see the kids in a typical day of school. I read with three different kids and am trying desperatly to remember their names. They love it when you remember them and like relationships. All of the 10ish girls want to hold Kenden all the time, this is not really ok if you ask him. It is funny though, since we cant understand each other very well they just come up and pull him out of my arms! He usually leaves kicking and screaming, I know he'll be back. Ryan made some good friends today. They are intrigued by how red he gets when he gets hot (I guess we all are right?). They all played catch me catch me and then touched his face. I thought it was pretty funny, he was a bit confused by it all. He also loves to pass out stickers to the children that live in the village. When people see us walking they come out just to see him, now they also know that he has stickers. I think before long he will be more popular than the ice cream man. So far I have not been brave enough to take pictures of these people. I can hardly look at them to be honest. They live in conditions you cant even imagine. It is hard to take their picture, I feel like I am somehow exploiting them. The other thing they love is the backpack we carry Kenden around in. I guess most of them have never seen anything like that, they point and laugh, it is very sweet. So far I have not felt nervous or unsafe in any of these places. The most dangerous is the tuktuks in the city. Believe me, they are crazy! I put on a picture of some boats we see from the ferry, these are Cambodian house boats. Also pray for Kenden, he is not feeling well. I may stay here tomorrow if he doesnt get better.

7 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! I love reading about everything and love the pictures!!! I think it's so awsome you are all over there and will be praying constantly for all of you, it's so excieting to experience this with you! I can just imagine all the kids with Ryan and his cheeks! I can't wait to show the boys the pics later. This is so neat I'm just in tears! Do you have access to your regular e-mail?? I love you all and take care! Courtnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it over without losing any of your luggage or children!! Make sure you have James take some pics of you, too. Last night at dinner Kaylyn started our prayer, "God Bless this day, Amen, and Kenden and James and Amber and Ryan...." We got to drive James' semi home the other day. We miss you tons but know we'll get to see you soon. The time will fly so fast. Keep making a difference!! Love and Blessings, Beth of FFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad someone else is blogging the trip! It is awesome to have another perspective other than Tylers! (don't get me wrong I love tyler's writing of the accounts) Its neat to see how others are experiancing everything. I hope everyone else realizes how important it is to be documenting their trip! It is so easy to forget some of the simple details that really make the experiance awesome! Your pictures are really great to! I hope that I'm able to take my kids on missions trips when I have them! Keep it up! Me and Sarah are enjoying reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys thanks for writing and for the encouragement, support and prayers. We really appreciate them. I will d omy best to keep up with the blog, it is challanging since the internet is a bit hit and miss. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful experience! The images and your descriptive narrative give us a great sense of what it is like there. We pray that all of you are feeling better and know that He will guide and protect you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tristan and Mason say:
    Ryan, it must have been so cool to ride the elephant! Mason misses you! Is the food good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited for you guys! You will never be the same! Thanks for taking the time to let us be a part.

    ReplyDelete